Guest Name and Bio:
Kara Fitzgerald, ND
Kara Fitzgerald, ND, IFMCP, is the first-ever recipient of the Emerging Leadership Award from the Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute in recognition of her work on DNA methylation. As a leading voice in the intersection of nutrition, epigenetics, and aging, Dr. Fitzgerald’s work has been featured in media outlets such as Prevention, Fast Company, MSN, Everyday Health , and many more. Receiving her doctorate from National University of Natural Medicine, she is on the faculty at the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and is an IFM Certified Practitioner with a clinical practice in Newtown, Connecticut. She lives with her daughter in Connecticut.
What you will learn from this episode:
- What is epigenetics and why is it important
- Why methylation is important
- Simple tools we can use to live longer, healthier, and happier
- Where does chronic disease come from
- What are epinutrients and how can they be helpful for longevity and health
How to learn more about our guest:
Please enjoy, share, rate and review our podcast and help us bring the message about precision health care to the world!